ANCA’s latest release of ToolRoom software includes a variety of new features and enhancements that boost productivity and improve usability. Flexibility to design complex tool geometries has always been one of the strengths of ToolRoom software. New features in ToolRoom 2016 expands its ability to define and grind a wide range of custom tool geometries.
Download ToolRoom 2016 brochure (7MB)
FORMED FLUTE FROM SOLID AND FORMED FLUTE POLISH
Formed flute from solid and polish operations now supports variable helix and lead/helix as spline function. In process dressing has been added for roughing and finishing passes.
Enhancements have been made to achieve correct position of coolant hole offset from edge, accurate core diameter when y-offset is non zero and correct radial margin with core taper.
COOLANT HOLE EDITOR
Blank editor is now used to define helical, straight and branched coolant holes. This will be displayed in the CIM3D blank during simulation.
COOLANT HOLE ANALYSIS IN CIM3D TO SUPPORT TOOLROOM
Tools are available in CIM3D for automatic detection of coolant hole breaches which are colour coded for easy viewing. There is also an analysis tool which can detect minimum wall thickness with tolerance.
Corner radius operation has been completely redesigned and old operations made legacy.
- Relief operation features:
– Eccentric OD relief blending to facet around corner
– Complex values for relief and land parameters
– 4 axis grinding
– Fixed grind point grinding
– Unlimited reliefs
– Plane or curvature gash face
– Classic or convex core profile
– Continuous or separate grinding for corner and end
ToolRoom 2016 includes a brand new profile editor with major enhancements to the already existing powerful profile software. Customers willing to keep existing profile editor will have the choice of continuing with legacy operations.
Some of the major features in the new profile editor are below.
- Linear change of land width along profile
- Editor to change reliefs and land width per element
- Loop around corners to maintain a sharp external corner
- Dished sections grinding at 12 o’clock with dished cup wheel
- Addition of ellipse to the menu list
- Introduction of face style grinding with wheel contact distance
- Feedrate control per relief or global
- Roughing with wheel toroid larger than concave radii in profile
- Automatically choose both sides of 1A1 wheel when choosing 12 o’clock grinding with zero shear
- Variable Clearance + Oblique editor to grind larger number of flutes to centre with animation support
- Ability to link profile sections for eccentric after facet grinding. Additional option to trim profile from both shank end and end of tool
- Error messages are clear to the end user and actions recommended
- Profile Editor dimensioning for quick measure of profile dimensions
Achieving complex step geometries with cylindrical grinding has also been simplified in ToolRoom 2016 with the introduction of a new cylindrical grinding operation. Focus has been on ease of use and integration with Endmill and Drill wizards.
Choice of multiple geometry definitions such as step table, taper table, and profile is available, with geometry editor and grinding operations separated. Intelligent stock removal cascading from operation to operation with support for arcs with number of roughing passes is displayed depending on stock.
There is provision for oscillation of the work head, or grinding spindle RPM, to avoid grind patterns. It also supports peel grinding with p-axis support for longer step sections with the option available to dress after roughing and finishing.
NEW TOOLTYPE IN iGrind - GUN DRILL
A wizard style gun drill ToolType has been added to iGrind which makes gun drill manufacturing and regrinding simpler. Geometries can be saved as templates and reopened later for ease of use.
IMPROVED WHEEL MODELS
- More realistic looking wheels
- Model wheel grit and core independently
Old wheel model (left) and new wheel model (right)
FLUTE SELECTION AND SEQUENCING
This option controls the fluting and subsequent operations on a flute by flute basis. This gives control over the order of flute grinding to balance the grinding forces.
New machine options include real-time collision detection between wheel packs, collets, collet adaptor, steady rest and top clamp. Dig EOT now has a ‘Protrusion length calculator’ button to calculate the minimum protrusion length.
Checks will be made after in process digitising to prevent wheel collet collisions and an error message will inform the user of the minimum required protrusion length to avoid collision. When running LoaderMate, tools with detected collisions will be returned to pallet.
Machine configurator is a utility provided to configure the collet adaptor, collet and top clamp. A library of all ANCA supplied collet adaptors and collets are available for end user selection. The ability to import special collet adaptors of your own is also available as an option.
WELDON FLAT OPERATION
A new operation has been added to iGrind, iPunch and key hole punch to grind Weldon flat. It will be available from the add operations menu under utilities. The Weldon flat operation can grind one or more flats sections with the option to grind wings.
Other enhancements include:
- RN33 is compatible with Windows 7 & 8 professional with 32 and 64 bit versions
- It is possible to disable/enable multiple operations by swiping on touch screen
- The diameter column has been added to the user input wheel qualification menu which now also displays modified values
- Wheel editor has the functionality to display the wheel pack dimensions
- A button is available on the NC entry field to expand the entire window for editing purposes and can be restored back to normal window
- The pilot tool segment has an offset calculator to calculate the intersection between the major and minor diameter
- The add/delete operation dialogue has been completely redesigned which will also support user defined favourite operations
- Integrated simulation graphics has been added to iPunch
- Anti-aliasing is now active (hardware dependant) with Windows 8
- Cycle time will now automatically be generated for all optimised operations in a subsequent pass
- Timeouts and memory limits can be increased for the current tool only via a button on the error window
Download ToolRoom 2016 brochure (7MB)
Download ToolRoom 2012 brochure