To apply for a position, please submit your CV and cover letter to Erin Cooper - HR Partner at firstname.lastname@example.org
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for an experienced CNC Machinist to work in our manufacturing plant located in Bayswater North.
Reporting through to the Machine Shop Manager, the CNC Machinist will be responsible for meeting machining challenges by programming, setting and operating CNC equipment to ensure the manufacture of machined components complies with the dimensional specifications, optimal machine efficiency, quality and production targets.
Key accountabilities of the role include:
Machine Shop Output
- Meet in full the allocated machine shop production plan
- Monitor material and part supply, escalate issues identified and take the agreed corrective action
- Ensure the plan is followed to the machining work schedule in line with the manufacturing plans
- Minimise the rework and the waste at all times
- Maintain visual reporting
- Report on concerns in a timely manner
Health & Safety
- Conduct routine safety and 5S audits as requested and action issues and completed
- Identify any safety and 5S issued promptly and work with the team to solve the issues in your area
- Participate in departmental risk assessments
- Work Safely - ensure safe working practices are applied at all times
The successful candidate will have the below skills and qualifications:
- Australian trade certificate in Fitting and Machining Toolmaking (or equivalent)
- Experience in manufacturing precision components on a CNC Mill or Lathe
- Experience in programming and operating Okuma, Fanuc and Mazak machines
- The ability to read and interpret detailed engineering drawings
- Flexibility in regards to working arrangements (day, afternoon, night) shift
- Strong metrology skills and the ability to inspect and measure components to precision tolerances
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
If you are interested in pursuing this exciting and rewarding position at ANCA, please forward your applications ASAP.
Mechanical Engineering Robotic Specialist
We are currently seeking a Mechanical Engineering Robotic Specialist to join the Engineering team in Bayswater North. Reporting through to the Mechanical Engineering Team Leader, the Mechanical Engineering Robotic Specialist will be responsible for:
- Be the essential person in the design verification, robot software verification, robot cell setup, robot programming and run off of robotic solutions on the ANCA machine tool range
- Take a key lead role (where required) with the installation & training of robotic solutions into customers premises locally and internationally
- Perform necessary machine tool mechanical fitting tasks on all or any of the ANCA machine tool range as directed by the engineering manager or the customer products manager
Design Assignments and Delivery
- Accept accountability for the technical accuracy of calculations and completion of programs
- Liaise with engineering team during the design stage to ensure design concepts are best practice and allocate layout, detail and design drafting phases
- Utilise systems for storage and retrieval of both CAD and project data
- Adhere to standard quality design procedures particularly such areas as stage gate, lean design, FEA, FMEA, DFM/DFA and similar procedures
- Be a key mechanical design member on a team that is responsible for delivering world class designs and innovations relating to robotic automation systems, sub-assemblies and components as directed
- Adhere to mechanical design considerations by defining, contributing and communicating the following documentation on a regular basis: project design specifications, statement of work, project outline budgets, risk analysis, safety compliance
- Manage your designs to ensure adherence to the safety, engineering, technical standards and compliances required in the different phases
- Provide technical support for manufacturing and service engineers
Design to Release
- Manage design projects from end-to-end. Design Specification, prototype, analysis, testing, production release, service support, marketing release, documentation.
- Develop and work to clear specifications based on the business requirements and analysis
- Obtain approval for the project plans and concepts, through the project management process & Stage Gate process.
- Ensure project packages are engineered in accordance with the standards set
- Plan and control quality standards to ensure the build and product performance is right the first time
- Work with manufacturing to provide parts and systems that are fit for manufacture and have all the relevant schematics and diagrams available for production within the agreed timeframe
- Work with purchasing to source parts for the bill of material at the lowest possible cost without compromising the quality of the parts
- Provide technical support and training on new features and configurations
- Use FMEA systems to minimise the failures of parts and systems
- Follow the process for uploading and reporting on the bill of materials, schematics and engineering drawings
The successful candidate will ideally possess the below skills and experience;
- Relevant tertiary qualification(s), preferably post graduate in Manufacturing, Logistics, Engineering, preferably Mechatronic, but also Mechanical or Electrical
- Demonstrated experience in working with robots at integration and programming level.
- Demonstrated design experience in a machine tool or special purpose machine environment.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining software code.
- Demonstrated analytical competency in decision making and issue resolution.
- Demonstrate a practical application of data collection and analysis.
- Demonstrate a flexible and “can do” attitude.
- Able to work on agreed initiatives with minimal support.
- Demonstrate and maintain a high attention to detail.
- Minimum of four years experience.
- Able to meet deadlines plan and organise work priorities.
- Application of electrical drafting technologies & tools.
Grinding Centre Senior Applications Engineer
ANCA is seeking applications for a Senior Grinding Application Engineer to work in the Grinding Applications Team, being part of the Engineering Department.
The role will provide technical knowledge, support and training to ANCA sales, marketing, service and other engineering departments.
Key performance criteria
- Adhere to all policies and procedures especially the EHS policies
- Support technical sales by completing customer samples and machine demonstrations on time, to agreed specifications and preparing relevant reports
- Liaise with Product Managers and Engineers, as required, to provide information that supports the ongoing development and improvement of ANCA products
- Support marketing by attending and preparing for trade shows
- Providing technical support to our Sales, Service and Engineering departments in application tool grinding
- Undertake product application process support from initial conceptualisation of solution to verification and delivery of operational outcome
- Conducting and contributing to successful customer acceptance tests both in house and at customer sites
- Assisting in the maintenance and upkeep of the ANCA Applications Grinding Centre to 5S processes
- Preparation and delivery of product training material at ANCA and on site at customer premises
- Participating in root cause analysis and troubleshooting processes
The successful candidate must demonstrate the below requirements:
- Minimum 5 years tool grinding experience as a Grinding Applications Engineer on ANCA or similar tool grinding CNC machines
- Ideally tertiary qualified in related subjects
- Able to plan own tasks and work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated customer interaction and communication
- Superior communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to travel overseas for periods usually 2 weeks but up to 4 weeks
- Must exercise integrity, creativity, a can-do attitude, and be flexible and pro-active
- Goal focussed with an excellent work ethic
- A good understanding of the basics of grinding Tungsten Carbide and HSS cutting tools
Applicants will be matched against above key performance criteria and profile requirements. Please only apply if you meet this criterion.
This position is based at ANCA HQ in Melbourne, Australia.
ANCA will assist with obtaining the required visa and re-location expenses for the successful applicant.
Employees are offered attractive remuneration packages (employee assistance program, rewards for length of service and salary sacrificing opportunities). In addition, you will receive personal development and training.
Application Software Engineer
ANCA Pty Ltd is a long established, privately owned, Australian manufacturer of precision CNC Tool and Cutter Grinding Machines and is recognised globally for its world class leading edge products and technologies.
Our brand is synonymous with constant improvement, innovation, engineering excellence, quality and pride. With our head office in Bayswater, Victoria, ANCA also has branches in USA, Asia and Europe.
We are currently seeking an experienced Application Software Engineer to join the Software Engineering team in Bayswater. The successful candidate will have relevant industry experience in software development, be mechanically minded and possess an Engineering or Mathematics degree. Programming and mathematical skills are essential.
Reporting through to the Software Team Leader, the Applications Software Engineer will be responsible for:
- Delivering projects on time and within budget
- Preparing functional requirements
- Preparing design documents
- Ensuring correctness, completeness and reusability of software layers
- Identifying and proposing opportunities for enhancements
- Responding to TAF (customer issues) and SCRs (change request) enquiries within the specified time frame
In addition to possessing relevant industry experience (web and database programming are not required), the successful candidate should be competent in the following areas:
Engineering Mathematics -
- Algebra (numbers/functions, vectors, matrices)
- Calculus/Analysis (derivatives, integrals, differential and integral equations, involving numbers/functions, vectors, matrices)
- 3D Geometry (Curves, Surfaces, Solids)
- Numeric Analysis (Solving algorithms)
- Kinematics (positions and orientations, motion, displacements, linkages)
Programming Skills -
- Object oriented design
- Java Programming language
- C++ Programming language(preferred but not essential)
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate Java programming proficiency and have experience in using SWING
If you believe you have the knowledge, skills and potential and want to contribute to the success of a global business and market leader please send your CV and covering letter to Erin Cooper, HR Partner at email@example.com by 31st March 2016.